I love making my own salad dressings because I can eliminate some of the “crap” you might find in commercially prepared salad dressings. It obviously takes more time but the result can be amazing!
Asian Inspired Salad
- 1 bag of lettuce (your choice, I use mixed greens)
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and cut into matchsticks
- 3 carrots, grated
- 3 handfuls of bean sprouts
- 2 red bell pepper, slivered
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 handful of cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of toasted chopped peanuts
Layer ingredients in a bowl. Top with cilantro and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and peanuts.
- 4 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 4 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh grated ginger
- 1 handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- sprinkle of red chili flakes (optional)
Combine ingredients and let stand for at least an hour before servince.
Try this salad topped with grilled chicken or shrimp and voila! I think salads are a lot of work so I often make another batch at the same time to store in the fridge. It will last about three days as long as the ingredients are fresh and you use a sealed container.