Special thank-you to Ella Bella Maternity Boutique, who sent us this nursing hoodie to review!
Leave it to the Swedes of IKEA-country to come up with a smart and ergonomic nursing hoodie design. The B-Warmer Nursing Hoodie is made by Boob Designs, a Swedish maternity and nursing apparel company.
From the Boob Design website:
The idea behind Boob was born on a cold, windy day in the autumn of 1999. I watched my sister nurse her newborn son in a park in Stockholm, waist bare to the icy northern wind. Then and there, I decided that it should be every woman’s right to nurse in comfort and in style.
Isn’t that the truth?
I came across the B-Warmer Nursing Hoodie online at Ella Bella Maternity Boutique. This online boutique (based out of Calgary, Alberta) not only carries the latest maternity and nursing styles but also trendy diaper bags, some of the best baby carriers available, and things for baby too! Visit their store if you’re in the Calgary area or better yet busy Mama, shop online like I did!
More on the B-Warmer Nursing Hoodie:
Available in: Extra Small – Large
Colors: Red, light grey, jade (teal), cobalt (blue), aubergine, purple, fuchsia, navy, and caviar (black).
Price: Retails for $99 (which means it will ship in Canada for free!)
1. Love the fabric. It’s kind of like throwing on your favorite yoga pants, but on top! Fantastic quality.
2. I like that it’s a fitted hoodie style, as opposed to baggie. I will continue to wear this when I’m finished nursing.
3. It’s not too heavy which is something that’s super important to me because I tend to get hot when nursing my little furnace of a baby!
4. Great color selection.
5. It’s nice and long to cover your post-baby tummy and/or would be suited for someone with a longer torso.
6. Obviously, makes nursing a child in cooler temperatures much more convenient than having to work around a regular hoodie!
7. Last but far from least, there’s a liner on the inside of the chest to help keep spillage from soaking through to the surface! Eeek! It happens! :)
1. No pockets or front pouch. This is something I noticed right away because I’m forever looking for somewhere handy to stash my keys while juggling a car seat and groceries!
2. The sleeve length is an inch or two too short for Jen’s arms (she’s got a size medium but is a long-limbed lady!).
3. This is more of an “FYI” than a con of the nursing hoodie, but to make the nursing hoodie work most effectively you should be wearing a nursing top or tank underneath… A regular shirt will defeat the purpose of the sneaky little nursing flap!
I don’t know about you, but there were very few maternity or nursing items I’ve fallen in love with. However this is one of those pieces I quickly couldn’t live without. I love the design and style of this hoodie so much I would probably vouch for the whole Boob line (oooh, but that name!!!). I can’t wait to try more.
Head over to the Ella Bella Maternity Boutique to check out the B-Warmer!