A little something for everyone here! This banana breakfast bread is vegan-friendly, egg-free and soy-free! But for those who don’t care… It’s still super good and very nutritious… Have a look at the ingredients for the proof! ;)
Banana Breakfast Bread
1 cup oat flakes
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsps baking soda
2 tsps cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
3 tbsp flax or chia meal + 1/3 cup warm water
4 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup maple syrup
3 very ripe bananas
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Mix the oats, flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
3) Mix the flax with the warm water and set aside for a moment.
4) In a food processor or blender, mix the bananas, maple syrup , coconut oil and applesauce. Blend well.
5) Add the banana mix to the dry ingredients. Add the flax mixture. Using a spatula or spoon, mix the batter till it’s all well incorporated.
6) Pour into a small loaf pan, and bake for 30 minutes or so. At the 30 minute mark, cover it with foil. Bake another 15-20 minutes, or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.
Good Luck! Let me know how you liked it.