Sleeping in braids is one of the oldest tricks in the book. 100% of women have tried this at one time or another! So consider this a reminder, because if the last time you slept in braids was 1992 I’m going to convince you to try again.
Braiding is a quick, easy and healthy hairstyle – no heat necessary!
Here Is How You Do It:
1. Shower a couple hours before bedtime to allow for some air drying to take place. Right before your heading off to bed for the night is when you get this started!
2. Divide your hair into four sections – one on each side and two in the back (upper and lower). Each section can be braided into four basic braids – no french braiding skills required! Tighter braids will have a more crimped look, looser braids will give a more wavy look.
3. Go to sleep, wake up, unravel braids and voila!
4. Leave it as is or play with it…
- Take your flat iron to the roots and make a little kink. This will help to blend your roots into the volume of the waves. Just take your iron and bend your wrist to create a kink.
- A few squirts of hairspray and a little mess up is always fun.
- Add a headband or a scarf to fancy it up a little.
This really is the easiest hairdo ever!
Tried & Tested…
If you haven’t already noticed or read, I’m completely hopeless. This seemed easy enough – and it was. I had two full days of compliments on my hair! YES, that means this style is two-day proof!! Well… For me anyways. Day One I twisted some front pieces to the back and secured with a few pins. Day Two I let it loose! I actually preferred the look on Day Two. Thanks Carena! :)