These sweet and tasty treats are guilt free since they are vegan, low in sugar, high in fiber and gluten free yet still intense in chocolate flavor!
Zucchinis are high in folic acid, which is necessary throughout pregnancy. It also contains high amounts of Vitamin A, potassium and magnesium. So go ahead and indulge in one (or two!) of these brownies to fill in that chocolate craving!
1/2 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 zucchini)
1/3 cup applesauce
1 cup plus 2 tbsp water
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp grounded flax or chia seeds
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp coconut oil
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup coconut flour (if you aren’t gluten-free you can use whole wheat pastry flour)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350F, and line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the first 6 ingredients and let sit at least 5 minutes.
3. Combine all other ingredients in a separate bowl, and stir very well. Pour wet into dry, stir until evenly mixed, then pour into the baking dish. Using a full sheet of parchment or wax paper, press down very firmly until the brownie batter evenly covers the pan.
4. Bake about 20 minutes, then pat down with a sheet of parchment.
5. Let sit 15 minutes before trying to cut into squares. Makes 20-24 squares.