It’s hot and you’re all sweaty. Or it’s humid and your hair is going to be a disaster no matter what you try. Or maybe your just plain busy and throwing your hair into a ponytail has become routine. If you’ve been overdoing the ponytail lately, here are two easy ways to dress it up!
Here’s How You Do It:
1. Start with hair parted to the side. Create volume by blasting your roots with dry shampoo or backcombing dust (Osis Dust It Powder or Osis Refresh Dust Spray are my faves).
2. Backcomb your crown then lightly smooth your hair out.
3. Take the backcombed area of hair and bobby pin it into place at the back. Add volume by securing it nice and high with the pins. Leave two front pieces out.
4. Pull your remaining hair (minus the front sections) into a ponytail. Once you’ve done this you can remove the bobby pins you used to secure the backcombing.
5. Next, French braid the front section.
6. Pull the braided piece of hair into the back and wrap it around your ponytail. Bobby pin it to secure it underneath. Repeat on the other side.
7. The second option (or for those who can’t French braid) is to twist the front pieces of hair instead of braiding them. Both ways will look great!